0845 111 5050
Higgs & Sons is an award-winning Midlands firm, employing over 200 people, based in prestigious offices on the Waterfront Business Park in Brierley Hill.
Crowned “Midlands Corporate Law Firm of the Year” in 2013, our team of lawyers understands the needs of individuals and businesses. By bringing together technical legal specialists in our many teams, we provide complete and tailored solutions.
For individuals, the firm operates one of the largest and most well-regarded Private Client practices in the region. Our dedicated business team offers pragmatic and clear advice. Higgs’ approach of working in partnership with clients has helped families for generations, and businesses from start-ups through to national companies.
Our straightforward approach combines technical excellence with personal attention and commercial awareness. By developing long-term relationships, we aim to make a real difference – delivering practical support and guidance, and piece of mind.
We pride ourselves on:
- Partnership approach – our collaborative way of working is at the heart of the firm.
- Balance – we offer a full portfolio of business and private client services to ensure a complete solution.
- Long-term relationships – we greatly value our relationships with our clients, staff, professional contacts and suppliers. Our team will demonstrate loyalty and we work hard to earn loyalty.
- Community – we are committed to being an active participant in our region.
- Reputation – we will conduct ourselves with integrity at all times, even if it costs us, or is difficult.
- Commercial Property
- Debt Recovery
- Dispute Resolution & Litigation
- Health & Safety
- Motoring & Private Criminal
- Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence
- Private Client
- Residential Property
Paul Hunt – Managing Partner
Paul specialises in complex commercial contracts and has over 20 years’ experience of a wide range of manufacturing and service industries. He has a particular interest in intellectual property and technology and heads the firm’s bfa accredited franchise team.
Lucy Obrey – Head of Family Business
Lucy, a partner in the firm, deals with all aspects of Private Client work including preparation of wills and trusts and the administration of estates and trusts. She has a particular expertise in inheritance tax and estate planning, notably for the entrepreneurial client base of the firm.
Lucy is a member of STEP, the STEP UK Practice Committee, Solicitors for the Elderly and The Law Society Private Client Section.